11.11.2010

What we've been up to

Things have been a little busy the past few weeks. The blog has suffered, so sorry! There are many more pics on facebook of our new little addition, but I thought I'd officially update the blog with our fun news. Corinne Ashley Steger has made her big debut! She was born on October 22, 2010 at 8:20am, weighing 6lbs 13 oz. She is so fun! There have been lots of memorable moments the past few weeks, but the best with her has probably been when Liam met her in the hospital. He was just so sweet with her, and really seems to be fine with the fact that she's sticking around for a while.

This was us bringing Corinne home from the hospital. Liam SOAKED his tshirt with his water bottle. Keep in mind it was pretty chilly outside...low 50s probably...poor thing. We were chaos trying to get the kids and the stuff inside, and take a picture of the whole memory. Fun!

Liam is at a really fun stage right now. He's constantly doing sweet things like giving Corinne kisses and hugs and having little "conversations" with us. Discipline-wise, things have been a little challenging as he enters toddlerhood. These first few weeks with Corrine have stretched me because I want to do it all...but just can't. I'm learning (slowly) to give myself a little grace and make time for both Liam and Corinne during the day. They nap around the same time in the afternoon, so I am able to get a few things done for me (shower, nap?, clean a little, etc). The real challenge will be in a few weeks when I add my job back into the mix. Every day, our schedule is solidifying a little bit more. I feel pretty good about adding work hours...I just know that the housework will be the first thing to go...so I need to be ok with that.

This little girl is such a fun addition to our family! Her name came out of an interview that Andrew had in Atlanta. He liked that it was not incredibly popular, but it was also a name that people would recognize. It is significant to both of us because that interview in Atlanta was really a breakthrough in such a tough year for us with Andrew's job. Even though he didn't get that job, we really saw God's hand through the whole process. Corinne's name will always remind us of this past year and how God carried us through! Her middle name, Ashley, is Elizabeth (Andrew's sister's) middle name and we really love the way it fits with Corinne.

We're settling in as a family of four. Looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving with the Harkey family, then excited to host our families here throughout December for Christmastime.

One more thing, WE HAD A WINNER FOR OUR NAME GUESSING CONTEST! Kathy Jackson guessed Corinne! Kath, your gift card is in the mail, I promise!

2 comments:

Lyndsey 7/12/10 12:54 PM  

So glad ya'll are home and well. I love the story of her name and hearing the FAITHFULNESS of God! How old is Liam when she was born? He looks so cute and I am sure he is a great big brother. I hope you all are doing well.

I probably will be coming to Denver in Feb for business. Well actually Aurora, but if you are any where close maybe I could see you all for a few minutes.

Let me know.

Lyndsey

mrs shortcake 21/12/10 1:34 PM  

Congratulations! Merry Christmas!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP