1.07.2011

A week in the life

Whoa this blog is neglected. Is anyone still out there? You know, I don't feel too bad about it because, lets face it, life is BUSY right now! I'm a Stay-at-home-with-a-toddler-and-a-newborn-working-full-time-mom! Yeah. Life is busy, but its pretty good when I take a minute to just look around and soak it all in.

Mondays feel like Fridays. I start my week all chipper and refreshed (well, as refreshed as you can be with a newborn sleep schedule), high hopes for productivity. Mondays go great and I feel like Super Mom. But...as the week rolls on, I get more and more worn out. Yesterday, I must have looked like a sight when Andrew walked in the door and both kids were having major meltdowns at that exact moment. Talk about deer in headlights! I SO wanted to have dinner ready for him when he got home, but yeah...that didn't happen. Instead, my wonderful hubby took over and sent me out the door for some me time. Isn't he great? I came home feeling like I could breathe again and survive Friday.

So, here I am today. Toys all over the living room. Still in my pajamas. Kitchen a wreck. Laundry calling my name...and I'm taking a quick break to write a blog before I wrap up my work week at my work-at-home, paying job. All in all, I feel like it was a successful, productive week on all counts, but I will never feel like I'm functioning at 100% at any of my "jobs" right now, and I just have to be okay with that. Not easy for this "ducks in a row"person!


Other things on my mind today:
  • Corinne is 11 Weeks Old today! Our little teeny had her 2 month doc appointment on Monday (two weeks late...eek), and she is still so little! 9lbs 1oz and 22in...that puts her in the 7th percentile for weight and 50th for height. She gives the sweetest smiles and is starting to coo and talk to us more. I love hearing her little noises, especially when she's not screaming at me.
  • Liam is 22 Months today! This week we have been in serious recovery mode from having all our family in town for 3ish weeks. TV detox, obeying the "first time," with a good attitude, and working on our manners (and saying the words...so far not going great). Though this is a challenging stage, it is also so fun as I watch him grow from a baby to a boy. I'm understanding more about what it means to "pray without ceasing," because I sure do need HIS strength in my life right now.
  • Tonight is date night! We're going for sushi...and we're leaving both babies with a sitter. Big time!
  • We are really enjoying Fort Collins. There is still snow on the ground from the snow on New Years Eve, and more in the forcast for the weekend. It is COLD, but really not that bad...and that's saying a lot since last year we wore coats with all the other Floridians at 65F, Ha! Now, when the outside temp says 22F we think that's not too bad. What a difference!
  • I've probably taken more pictures of Corinne than I did of Liam..at least AS many...but they're all on my cell phone and not of quality to put in a baby book. Fail. Need to start taking better quality pics so I can get started on her book! Also need to finish his. When to find the time?????

We're heading to Orlando for a work conference for me next week. I am really looking forward to seeing all of our Orlando friends and being in the office for a week. That's about it for now. See ya again in a few months? Ha! Hopefully sooner.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP