9.16.2010

Contest!

Ok it’s on! We’re having a little contest for guessing the name of our baby girl! As many of you know, we like to keep the name between us until the baby is here…but we HAVE decided her name and we thought it would be fun to have an official contest with baby #2. Here are some of our criteria for picking a name:

1. No names ending in “er”
2. No names ending in hard consonants like “t” or “k” sounds
3. Although we love a lot of popular names right now, this name we’ve picked for baby girl makes the cut on the top 1000 names, but not top 500 names over the past 10 years.

We have about 5 weeks left until my due date (October 22), and you have until her birthday to put in your guess (Liam was born a week early, just saying!). You’re welcome to guess a first and middle name if you want, but this contest is specifically for guessing her first name. You can enter on the blog or the Facebook Note post, but only one entry per person. We have two options for prizes: 1) a $25 giftcard to Starbucks or 2) a $25 giftcard to use on the New Belgium Brewery online store. You get to pick your prize, but there’s only one winner! We’ll announce her name on her birthday, and announce the winner then too! Happy guessing!

25 comments:

Mary May 16/9/10 12:38 PM  

I'm guessing Charis is her name. :)
Mary Marsh

Dustin Moody 16/9/10 12:58 PM  

This is awesome. You know I feel very strongly about contests and guessing baby things. I don't mean to brag or anything, I did win half of the office pool with the arrival of Mr. Liam. Now I just need some time to think this one through. Can't wait!

Anonymous,  16/9/10 2:33 PM  

My guess is Delilah :)

Virginia 16/9/10 2:38 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
EricaS 16/9/10 3:13 PM  

V, I don't know if it's because we had a conversation about this a long time ago, but I'm feeling like I've got a sense. (I'll probably be totally off.) Is it Evelyn?

Anonymous,  16/9/10 3:40 PM  

Toncray?

Autumn 19/9/10 8:38 AM  

don't have time to look up name charts right now, but I'm going to guess Amelia.

Elise 19/9/10 7:45 PM  

Elspeth's guess is Sylvia.

Elise 19/9/10 8:01 PM  

Rosemary is my guess

Lauren 19/9/10 10:00 PM  

I'll go with Ann. :)

Anonymous,  21/9/10 1:13 PM  

My guess is Annelise.

- Megan

Kinzler Family 21/9/10 7:38 PM  

I think it's going to be lauren!

-nicole

Mariah Williams 23/9/10 9:50 AM  

I'm guessing Mariah... I mean, the first one was William so it only makes sense :P

Unknown 24/9/10 11:25 AM  

Ok, this was way harder than I thought it would be! But fun. Your rules did narrow it down quite a lot! People should take note of that :)

I've been going back and forth on my top 3, but I'm going with Elyse. Final answer.

Jonathan T 1/10/10 5:18 PM  

Violet

Violet! You're turning violet, Violet!

Anonymous,  4/10/10 4:34 PM  

Lily

Sterling

Virginia 8/10/10 10:44 AM  

Kathy Domin Jackson October 6 at 1:35pm

OK...drum roll please...finally,the Jacksons have their guesses!!!
Mitch -> Bob
Tyler -> Simon James Alexander Ragsdale III [since they picked boys names, I will translate...(and also to fit the other criteria)...Barbara & Simone.
Kathy -> Corinne (maybe Cori for short?)

Virginia 8/10/10 10:44 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew Steger 8/10/10 10:47 AM  

My mom's guess is Lucy
My dad's guess is Lexi

Unknown 8/10/10 12:22 PM  

Scott and Christina guess...Abbigail. :)

Caryn 14/10/10 9:02 PM  

I like what Tyler Jackson said. Just for kicks, I'm picking Poppy. I saw it on a list and well, why not.

Dustin Moody 20/10/10 9:20 AM  

I'm going with Lilian. This was a tough one, and I'm still not sold on that one, but it's the best I've got considering the time constraints. We'll see how this goes.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP