7.31.2010

One nap down...

We're in the process of dropping Liam's morning nap. He's at the point where if he takes a morning nap he usually won't take an afternoon nap, and that makes for a loooooong day. So this week, amid all the craziness of our lives, I accepted the challenge to push his "morning nap" to an early-afternoon nap. So far, so good, except that today was definitely a challenge. Most of the other days this week, he has taken a good 3-3 1/2 hour nap from noon to 3ish, but today he only slept 2 hours. He was definitely cranky during the time he would have normally taken a morning nap (9:30am - 10ish), and then again later this afternoon. We'll see how he does tomorrow.

This is my sweet little guy playing in the dirt the other day. He is such a joy to me! Usually so happy and easy-going. I love watching him grow and learn new things. He's pointing to his nose and ear, saying all kinds of new words and animal sounds, and giving hugs and kisses.

I'm processing a big change coming to life in the next few weeks. Andrew has really taken the bulk of the responsibility with Liam since I've been working full time this past year. Though I know he will always play a strong and invaluable role in our children's lives, my mindset is adjusting to being home full time, working full time, and taking care of Liam full time (plus baby girl in a few months). I'm excited about having more time with Liam, and thrilled that I get to be home with him! It really is such a gift. I am definitely realizing, though, how important my time management is going to be. I'm just not one of those people that can go and go and go with no rest, especially at this stage in my pregnancy with #2. I'm going to really have to prioritize it all and get a pretty strict schedule. This transition will be part of the topic for my new committment to blogging. With all of the changes going on in life right now, I definitely need a place to process and record what works and what doesn't.

How on earth do single parents do it? I'll never know...all I know is that I could have never ever made it through this year without Andrew. He is the best husband and father, and I know he is going to thrive in his new job! We are so blessed.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP