Kelly over at kellyskorner is hosting "Show us your life: Baby Gear" serises. I've been working on this post since Liam was 4 months old, so this is a great opportunity to share! Now, I know all the options out there can be so overwhelming. This is just a list of the things that we really enjoyed and got a lot of use out of. Some items are hits with some moms, and some are total misses, but I thought I'd list some of our favorites:
- Moby Wrap - I have really loved this carrier, even in the summer here in Florida. I wear him when we do things like go to a movie or go to the grocery store when I don't want to lug the car seat around. Especially when we're going to be at this place for a while, or during one of his nap times. He falls asleep well, it gives great ergonomic support for both me and Baby, and he gets to be snuggled up close to mommy (which he loves).
- Infantino Little Lions activity gym (at Target.com here) - There are so many play mats/gyms out there, but I really liked this one for the price (cheaper at Target) and the bright colors.
- Fisher Price Rainforest Deluxe Auto Mirror (at Target.com here) - Features remote control music and lights, bright pattern. Definitely entertains and distracts the little man if he gets fussy in the car. Plus, I can see him in my rear-view mirror.
- Bum Genius 3.0 cloth diapers - I'm a fan. I don't "love" diapering, but you gotta diaper your kid, and cloth diapers are no more of a fuss than disposables. I like that we're spending less money, contributing less waste to the landfills, less chemicals on baby's hiney (though bum genius 3.0s are synthetic material and not all natural), and they're just so darn cute. I'd need another dozen or so to cloth diaper full time, currently we are part-time cloth-diaperers. I may experiment with another brand of cloth just to see if I really like these the best, but so far so good. All of the online cloth diaper sites sell them for the same price, but sometimes you can find a sale.
- Aden & Anais swaddlers - My sister Whitney bought these for us, and they are the BEST swaddlers/blankets in the summer heat. Now that Liam is out of the swaddling phase, I still always have one of these blankets with me. Nursing cover, burp cloth, light blanket for warmth, etc. They're actually selling them at Target right now (in some stores, and online here).
- Some other Baby Gear that we love include the Snap n Go stroller for the infant carrier car seat, vibrating teether, BornFree bottles, Soothie pacifiers, and Fisher Price Little Lamb Swing, Lots of Links (these are GREAT), Chicco Lullaby LX Playard (we used this as a bassinet when Liam was in our room).