11.20.2007

Work and Thankfulness

Last week I was in South Carolina for Blackbaud’s annual Conference for Non Profits; or as I affectionately call it, Nerd Fest 2007! :)The week was packed full of info about the database software I work with (Raiser’s Edge), and info about marketing, development, social networking, direct mail, and reporting. Since my (work) life revolves around all of those things, it was a fruitful time and my brain still feels like it could explode at any second.

One of the highlights of the week, for me, was getting to spend time with my co-workers on a personal level instead of just in our weekly committee meeting. I believe in my job and in what Wycliffe does, and I love taking advantage of opportunities to break down the walls and bring unity. Satan likes to use lack of trust, defensiveness, and negativity to attack the core of what God is trying to do within ministry organizations. I refuse to give in to that!

So, last week, I was out of the office all week, and this week I’m out Thurs & Fri, so I’m trying really hard to not get too overwhelmed with all that I have to do in such a short amount of time. Did I mention that I really, honestly enjoy my job? It is such a blessing, truly. Yeah!

Andrew and I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, remembering that we give thanks to our Father for His goodness to us.

Love,
-V.

1 comments:

Hillary 24/11/07 8:02 AM  

V-this is starting to get ridiculous! If you'll check out your last two posts you'll notice i left one. I was intending to leave one on this post but apparently its way too early on a Sat morning for me! Ha!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP