9.01.2006

Well, what a week it has been! Just wanted to update you all on what's going on in our life. Sorry about the "vagueness" of my last post...there have been some things weighing on me, and God is so good to work them out. Of course, they aren't all immediately worked out...but He is good to provide some much needed clarity and peace.

The big news is that I just accepted a new job that starts next monday, and I'm so completely thrilled!!! Really, these past few months have been full of some tough things...but God is showing me what's important and what is not. And...I have definitely learned so much about myself throughout this whole process too. This new job is going to be so much better, and it really seems like it will be a great fit. Praise the Lord.

Here are a few things that have been important to me these past few months:
-I don't want to bail. I want to give things the chance to "work," and I don't ever want to be labeled a quitter.
-God has given each of us gifts, some are better at one thing, where another person may not be good at that same thing. And...THAT'S OKAY. I don't have to be great at everything. (I know....duh). I'm too hard on myself.
-I want to learn what God has for me to learn in whatever situation I'm in.
-Patience is a virtue. ;)
-Prepare for the worst, hope for the best (Thanks Ernesto!!!!).

I hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day weekend!!! Go hogs go! Beat USC (oh yes, we will be watching the game and missing all of our Arkansas friends)! Woooooo Pig Sooooooie!

6 comments:

Shelli 2/9/06 9:49 AM  

I think that you two should name your first pet Ernesto. It will be a tribute to your first moments in Florida.

Virginia 2/9/06 10:46 AM  

what a great idea!!! ;)

khunton 2/9/06 10:17 PM  

Congrats on your new job! Stephen shared a few details, but it sounds great!I love that you are discovering what God has for you in FL, not just for Andrew. Praying for you guys!

Heidi 5/9/06 8:08 AM  

Hey Virginia! I'm totally with you on the feeling of not wanting to be a quitter at jobs. I can't tell you how many places that I have worked that I stayed at way longer than I would have liked. I'm glad to hear that there is something new on the horizon for you. Looking forward to hearing more about it!
Love,
Heidi

Anonymous,  5/9/06 5:35 PM  

I just did an over the phone reference for your new job. ( a little late if you ask me )

Shelli 5/9/06 5:37 PM  

Um...that last entry was from me!

-Shelli

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP