4.07.2006

The Master's Travelogue:Day 1

I'm currently in Forrest City with my dad, brother, and sister on the way to Augusta, GA for the 70th Masters. I'm actually typing this while riding thanks to the alltel aircard which allows me to connect pretty much anywhere I can get cell service. This road trip is a big deal for many reasons.

First of all: it's The Master's! Now I've only played golf a handful of times in my life, but I've always loved The Master's thanks to my dad. Now, my dad, as many of you know, has been blessed with the spiritual gift of tickets. He's been to the Final Four (me with him), Pro Bowl, pit passes to the Brickyard 400, The World Series, and countless other random games. And then there's the hardest ticket in sports, The Masters, which this will be the NINTH time to go. I've grown up dreaming of going to the Master's with my dad and now I'm actually getting to go.

The trip is also a big deal because Virginia and I are moving to Orlando and my brother and sister-in-law are moving to Chapel Hill and it's last time I'll really get to hang out with my brother and my little sister before we scatter across the east coast.

So this is our adventure. We arrive in Atlanta tonight where we will probably dine at The Varsity, another Steger tradition. Speaking of tradition, we just crossed the Mississippi River, which as far back as I can remember, every time we cross, my dad says "hey look, it's Huck Finn." which still illicits an eye roll from us.

Hello, Tennesee. Does anyone know if The Rendezvous serves breakfast?

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP