7.01.2005

Tryin' to make a livin'

I go through an emotional process every few weeks at work.
It goes something like this:

Enjoy my job.
Feel successful.
Feel like I’m contributing to society.
Start thinking ahead...life, future, family.
Remember my real goals in life.
Feel “purposeless” because I’m not on a direct path to achieving those goals.
Am I?
See the pile of filing to do on my desk...realize how big the pile is.
Try to figure out a way to get out of it.
Do a job search on Monster.com.
Rationalize the many reasons why I’m in my job...
Decide the best thing to do is just get back to work and stick it out.
Go visit sweet clients in nursing home.
Enjoy my job.

Maybe it’s because I’m a woman...maybe its because I’m a typical “twentysomething” who is just still figuring life out...maybe its because I haven’t been spending much “me time” lately...I’m not really sure what it is. I’ve just been restless this week. I have this feeling that life is supposed to be more than this...get up, take shower, go to work, come home, make dinner, do dishes, go to bed. Know what I mean? Right now, I’m somewhere in the middle of the above list. Rationally, I know that my life is moving along at a great pace...I’m no further behind or ahead of where I “should” be.

2 comments:

Shelli 1/7/05 12:32 PM  

Gotta love life!

Anonymous,  5/7/05 11:15 AM  

You sound like me 30 years ago ... get up, go to work, come home, go to bed. Somewhere in there, life happens. Don't miss it! Good to see you yesterday. I LOVE YOU!!! MOMOXOXOXOX

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP