10.15.2004

Refuge

Haven't blogged in over a week. Just thought I'd start typing and see where it leads. I realized this week that I am not ready for the weather to start getting cold. It got down to the 40s this week...and it just made me sortof sad! I want a little more summer...just a little more. But, alas, I have to wake up and smell the hot chocolate. It's getting cold outside.

I've been having some conversations in my head about where I am in life right now...why I'm wrestling so much about wants vs. needs and about the future. Elise reminded me of a conversation we had (an actual one--not just one in my head)....about how we tend to focus on the "what-ifs" instead of on what's true. Its so easy for one "what-if" thought to change my focus for the whole day, then the whole week. One "what-if" changes to all "what-ifs," and I end up just worrying about what might happen instead of what IS happening.

"From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy." Ps. 61:2-3

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3

"For God is not a God of disorder, but of peace." 1 Corinthians 14:33

I'm tired of feeling "perplexed" about the "what-ifs." He is the Rock that is Higher than I...and He can handle the "what-ifs" because He is Truth. Its the Rock I want to be led to, its the place I want to be.

1 comments:

Brett 15/10/04 6:34 PM  

Good thoughts. I can relate.

Also, nice of you to use the word "perplexed". Paul would be proud.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP