8.14.2009

On journey.

Finally Friday. What a week it has been. My mind and heart are just spilling over, in both good and difficult ways. Realities of living on this broken planet have been hitting hard this week. I'm going through Beth Moore's "Stepping Up: a journey through the Psalms of Ascent" with some of my co-workers. This study could not be more timely in my life right now. I'm being challenged to find the line between trusting God and trusting what God has done - His Person instead of His favor. Beth says, "God is with us and for us even when His face and His favor seem hidden. Mountain-like security only comes from trusting God, not what He's done for us or given us."

This message is not only being emphasized in this study. I'm being reminded constantly to take a look at where my faith is...especially when things don't look exactly as I wish them to, or pray for them to, or want them to look. What happens to my faith when God "disappoints" me?

Things are not going to magically slow down or stop being "life" so I can see my Father's face more clearly. I'm always going to be straining to see Him, especially if I let life's circumstances continue to grasp at me. The more I'm in habit of looking to Jesus, the more my attitude about the circumstances will come into alignment with His plan. Look to Jesus. "I lift my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from..." Look to Jesus. Look to Jesus.

And so, this week happened. Disappointment happened. LIFE happened. There was joy, but there were also many tears, for personal weariness, for loss and pain, for things I don't understand. This broken world. It hurts.

Look to Jesus.
Look to Jesus.
Look to Jesus.

3 comments:

Crystal 14/8/09 10:12 PM  

I stumbled upon your blog by accident through another blog and I cannot believe what the Lord does! He never ceases to amaze me!

I NEEDED to hear your words about trusting him tonight!

I am pregnant with our fourth child. Our first child is our biological child but after mutiple miscarriages we adopted two children from Guatemala :)

We had talked about a fourth but I did not know I could get pregnant. We were not trying :) So this was a complete surprise!!!! We want this baby so badly and I find myself trying to earn it. If only I could be the best wife or mother --The reality of this is I have to trust him.

I thought about that today I just have to trust --if the worst happens Jesus is still my Lord and he still loves me beyond what I can comprehend.

I have a ton of faith but I struggle big time with trust --thank you so much for this post I needed it--Would I sound crazy if I told you the Lord really used you to minister to me tonight! Thank you!!!!!!!!

We

Jamie 18/8/09 7:42 AM  

Funny how this happens. I too have no Idea who's blog this is. I have been trying to stay up to date with Katie's blog and came across your blog from hers.

I have been so ministered to through this time of pain. I'm humbled by the gracefullness Katie has shown through this time.

God is working in a mighty way through all of these sad circumstances. Oh just to feel His sweet presence and His beautiful hand over this has been unreal!!!

Oh what joy to know that God is still there even when we can't feel his presence. I pray that lives continue to be touched and forever changed !!

Virginia 18/8/09 8:57 AM  

Katie and I grew up together. We've known each other a long time. She is a dear friend, and definitely an inspiration to so many as she deals with losing her baby girl. Its true, God is still here even when things are hard to understand.

Thank you for your comments!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP