8.25.2009

Infant Dedication

Sunday was Liam's Infant Dedication at Summit Church in Orlando. We've attended Summit for a few months now, and are really excited about what's going on there. I feel like we're being challenged more during this phase in our lives, in many good ways, and we're thankful Summit is a part of that.



I know Liam won't technically remember his infant dedication, or his time in the church nursery at this early age. I know, however, how impactful this time is because of the role being involved at an early age had in my own journey. We are thankful for Summit's mission to even the youngest in their church: to teach them that God made them, God loves them, and that Jesus wants to be their friend forever. We are so thankful for the people that are pouring into Liam's life even at this point in his life.

"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

"...so is my word that goes out from my mouth. It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

"Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.'" Matthew 19:14


As a parent, I am constantly giving Liam back to the Lord. I know He loves my little one more than I ever could, and He is protecting him and growing him the best possible way. I'm thankful that we get to be active participants in this! We get to see how much our Father loves us because of the way we love him. Oh how HE loves us! How He loves us so!


Sweet grin! This is such a fun age!

4 comments:

Wendi Cupp 25/8/09 12:35 PM  

So sweet...I LOVE that last picture of him. What a grin!

Rachel 25/8/09 2:41 PM  

um, yeah. that picture of him at the bottom is SO CUTE.

Rebekah 31/8/09 10:33 PM  

what a special day! he is so precious, guys! i know you are one proud mommy and daddy!

Kelly 1/10/09 12:33 PM  

Adorable little smile!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP