2.16.2009

V Day

Andrew surprised me Saturday morning and took me to Winter Park for the Scenic Boat Tour. Its something we've wanted to do for a long time, since we moved, and it was a perfect day to go.


This pic was taken from my new phone, its a little blurry, but it shows the driver and the canal leading the Lake Virginia. The tour goes through 3 of Winter Park's chain of lakes: Lake Virginia, Lake Osceola, and Lake Maitland...all connected by canals. I enjoyed listening to the history of Winter Park, even though it was a little weird being in the "back yard" of really really rich people's houses. I just loved being out on the lake, its one of my favorite things in the world. Thanks Babe! I love you!


Yesterday, Andrew went with some friends to the Daytona 500, and I worked on baby room stuff. I'll post a pic of the curtains I made...once I'm satisfied with them. I need to re-do the rod pocket on the top, and I'm considering the hem, but other than that, I'm happy with them. I'm definitely proud of myself to tackling this project! It's been about 15 years or so since I've touched a sewing machine. I'm inspired to maybe take on some other new projects (once we see how new baby adjustment goes!). As my mom said, somehow lots of new mothers find time to knit and work on projects. We'll see!

2 comments:

Rebekah 16/2/09 9:57 AM  

Love the new blog. The boat tour looks fun! That is a great gift Andrew!!! I am proud you made the curtains yourself. I just let my mom do it. I keep saying I need to learn from her and it just has not happened yet! I hope I am one of the moms who takes on new projects. I have so many things I would like to do! Hope you are doing well! Not too much longer!!!

The Keylors 16/2/09 3:24 PM  

What a fun surprise! : )

I still need you to post some more prego pictures. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP