10.16.2006

Would you say I have a plethora?

Hey guys, I'm sitting in my web design class right now and we're moving along a little slow so I'm going to update you guys on what's going on:

*I just started my second quarter of classes last week. I'm taking web fundamentals, mass media and politics, Intro to Photoshop, and Layout Designs (storyboards). Classes are going to be a little more work-heavy this quarter but what I'm learning is awesome!! By the way, I got a 4.0 my first semester! Chuck E. Cheese here I come. Give me my free tokens!

*Virginia had the opportunity to go to Washington D.C. last weekend to hang out with Lori D. and Cindy L. She had a blast, I'll let her tell you more about that later.

*While she was gone I coordinated a G.R.O.S.S. Disney Day with a bunch of guys from our Life Group. Some girls from our life group met up with us in the afternoon and I was able to take everyone on a private safari with just our group and I did the spiel for everyone. It was a blast. We ended up as a group of 11 by the end of the evening. We're feeling really blessed by the friendships that God is providing here, but we miss you guys like crazy. Please come visit!!

*Went to O'Boys barbecue (Yum!) last wednesday with Rebecca (formerly Rainey) and her husband Jacob. They live in Gainesville and are soon moving to Colorado. We had a blast. They stayed the night with us. We watched Lost with Becca and tried to explain as much as we could during the commercial breaks. It was fun getting to see familiar faces.

*The weather is finally starting to cool down here, and by cool down I mean 81 degrees. I feel like we're living in a different world. On the news we're seeing 2 feet of snow in Buffalo, here the water parks are open year round. Virginia and I were driving around the other day and we thought we saw a tree with it's leaves turned red. It was actually flowers blooming in the middle of October! It feels like spring here as opposed to fall. So if you visit bring your swimsuits.

*Lost this past week was very good I thought. Way more satisfying than the premiere. My other new show that I love watching is Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Very well written, directed, acted. Plus I feel a since of closure at the end of every episode as opposed to the other show I watch.

So that's just a snippet of what's going on. I'll try to post some pics later today.

2 comments:

Stephen Hunton 17/10/06 9:19 AM  

If ya'll want some cooler weather, just head up this way, cause the ATL is "chill" in both meanings of the word.

jlo 18/10/06 11:48 PM  

OK....so we have found some out we can fly to Orlando for about $100 more and stay with yall after the wedding in Pittsburgh. How long do yall want us to stay. We would be flying in Jan. 1st morning, hopefully in time to see the Hogs play in Orlando, or anywhere else in Florida. Anyways, let us know what will work for yall and we will try to make it work. I am sure we can call and talk about this over the phone instead of over the blog.
I am tired of hearing about all these people getting to go to Disney and me never having legally been there before...more about that later. My picture may still be on the wanted list.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP