9.16.2005

Angelic

I had great domestic plans for making an Angel Food Cake last night for Community Group. Box version, all you have to do is add water and beat with a mixer for about a minute. Great, no problem. Hmmm...I wish I had a picture of the final results.

The directions said I could use an Angel Food Cake Pan...or two 9-inch loaf pans. I don’t have an Angel Food Cake Pan, so I used my loaf pans. Filled them with the batter, put them in the oven for 30 minutes. Less than a five minutes later, I smell something burning, got up to go check the cake...and in my oven was an exploded, burning mess of egg-white (gluey) batter! Agh!

And so, it still sits, pans soaking in warm water in my sink, crusty burnt cake batter in my oven. Guess it’s time to dig out the oven manual so I can figure out how the “self-cleaning” thingy works.

2 comments:

Shelli 16/9/05 5:37 PM  

How the heck did that happen? Thats so weird!

Cat 20/9/05 10:56 AM  

It makes me feel better knowing that I am not the only one that messes up things like that in the kitchen... You should have seen the fire I started in Amy's kitchen. :) Lovely.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP