3.08.2005

A Capital Idea

When my sisters and I were young, our family went on vacations and knocked out usually 5 states in a row. The purpose was for us to visit the state capitals of all 50 states. We made it to about half by the time I was 13...

I've shared this bit of trivia at Community Group a few times, you'll have to see the "A Capital Idea" scrapbook that Mom made of all our family pictures we took in front of the actual capital buildings. Some of them are pretty funny, and they all hold very fun family memories for me. I wonder if my little sister remembers much of those trips...she was a just toddler on a few of them (which of course would have made me only 5 or 6).

So here you go, a total of 28 states (including D.C.)...MOST of them were part of family vacations:

(Thanks Jason and Grant for the link)
bold the states I've been to, underline the states I've lived in and italicize the state I'm in now...
Alabama / Alaska / Arizona / Arkansas / California / Colorado / Connecticut / Delaware / Florida / Georgia / Hawaii / Idaho / Illinois / Indiana / Iowa / Kansas / Kentucky / Louisiana / Maine / Maryland / Massachusetts / Michigan / Minnesota / Mississippi / Missouri / Montana / Nebraska / Nevada / New Hampshire / New Jersey / New Mexico / New York / North Carolina / North Dakota / Ohio / Oklahoma / Oregon / Pennsylvania / Rhode Island / South Carolina / South Dakota / Tennessee / Texas / Utah / Vermont / Virginia / Washington / West Virginia / Wisconsin / Wyoming / Washington D.C /
Go HERE to have a form generate the HTML for you.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP