1.13.2005

Mornings

I really want to start getting up earlier in the morning. I am in this extremely bad habit of getting up around 7:20 (clock says 7:30...more on that later) because I know I can jump in the shower, put my contacts in, brush my teeth, and get dressed before I have to leave at 7:50 (or 7:51)...to be at work at 8:00. For some strange reason, I think 15 more minutes in bed will make my day better. I know, terrible.

With Andrew's new job, and with the begining of a new year, I think my true resolution in to be more productive with my time. Including how I get up in the morning. So, I'm trying to bump my speed-racer morning routine to an actual real morning. Setting my alarm for 7:00 (also remembering that my clock in the bedroom is set 10 minutes fast...so its actually 6:50...doesn't that defeat the purpose of setting a clock fast? i digress...). And...for the past two days its been working. My goal is to actually have a morning. To spend a little time reading or watching Today show, to give myself the chance to have a good, positive day before I even know what the weather looks like. Only problem...I overslept my alarm this morning. O well. Each day is a new day, right?

I overslept because I turned my alarm OFF before I got up. So why did I turn it off instead of snoozing? Answer...because I despise the sound of my alarm. I hate alarms in general. I need to get a little CD player/alarm clock so I can actually wake myself up to something I enjoy. I used to do that in college, but just stopped for some reason. And I never really wanted to disturb Andrew in the mornings (or when he subbed he had to be out before me), but now he has to get up anyway.

Which leads me to another rabbit trail. Andrew's job is going great. The only thing we're not looking forward to is that he has to go to LR for a two week training. Yeah. And I'll be up here. Its definitely just a small sacrifice for the amazing blessing of this job, and totally part of "it," so I'm not trying to complain. Its just going to be a long two weeks, that's all I'm saying. Truth is, God is so good to provide what we need. He's really teaching us so much right now. As Natalie Portman's character in Garden State says, we're "really in it right now."

2 comments:

Grant 13/1/05 2:18 PM  

Thanks for the comment on my blog! Mornings are brutal. Personally - I don't think God is up or awake before 9 AM. But I could be wrong.

Keep blogging! Can I link ya'lls blog on my site? let me know.

Virginia 13/1/05 4:06 PM  

you can definitely add a link to your site, how fun. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP