9.21.2004

Twos-day (read one, get one free)

1.) This goes back to my "mid-year resolutions" blog a few weeks ago. I've just been inspired lately to get out and enjoy the weather. So, this weekend, Andrew and I went to Devil's Den and hiked the Devil's Den Trail, the one that goes around the caves. What a beautiful weekend it was! I probably get this from my mom, but the older I get, the more I enjoy being outside soaking up nature and God's beautiful creation.

We've also found a new love for our cameras. Andrew has re-kindled his love for his Canon...I don't know what it's called, but it uses actual film (don't I sound smart...). :) ...anyway, that allows me the opportunity to get to play with our Canon A-80 digi-cam...and I'm having a blast learning how to make it do what I want. We got some great pics at Devil's Den, and hope to go back when the leaves change. Oh, I can't wait till the leaves change!!! Fall is my favorite time to be in Fayetteville, don't you agree?


2.) "Be self controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:8
One question from my study this week was, "Has Satan ever tried to devour you? How?"
That's his goal, isn't it? To devour us, eat us alive. He attacks at our hearts, sometimes disguising sin as something that's fun...but getting out of seduction can be a true struggle, something that's definitely not fun. He makes me "me focused," on my "rights" and what I "deserve." He points out to me what I'm missing in life, making me oblivious to what I actually have. It's been a great sermon series on "The God-Centered Life..." and things are going so great right now, it just seems like the devil is on the prowl a lot more lately.

1 comments:

shauna 23/9/04 10:35 AM  

I was really struck by part 2 of your blog.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP