3.10.2008

Please wait...

I'm sitting at work today, working on queries and reports, and while I wait for this little report to run, I thought I'd take a minute to write.

I’ve been reading a book called “The Gospel of Ruth: Loving God Enough to Break the Rules.” The author, Carolyn Custis James spoke during lunch a few weeks ago, about what the book of Ruth teaches us about God’s purpose for women.

Carolyn has challenged the view that the book of Ruth is just a love story between Ruth and Boaz, and talked about the deeper themes of Naomi’s bitterness, Ruth’s barrenness, their widowhood, their risks for God, and God’s faithfuless. It is a very good book.

Andrew and I have been going non-stop! I’m hoping to get some things done at home this week, and to try to get back to things being a little simpler. We went to Ikea on Saturday and I’m already using my new storage boxes (thanks Stegers!) to organize some of the clutter. I have high hopes of having our home organized and labeled and clean. Ah…someday!


Report finished running, gotta get back to work. I hope you are all doing well!

2 comments:

Stephen Hunton 10/3/08 3:08 PM  

digging the new blog look...hang in there...busy times for sure. Ya'll are awesome. come to Atlanta...later!!!!!!!!!!

khunton 10/3/08 8:59 PM  

love the new look! hang in there sweet friends, all seasons change!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP