3.27.2008

Memorizing

I'm working on these:

Psalm 62:5-8
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation. He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God. He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge.

Philippians 4:4-8
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

My heart has been unsettled and definitely not at rest lately. Our lifegroup has challenged us to work on memorizing more, and so these are the verses I have been focusing on this week. So far, I can tell that this spiritual discipline is helping me focus on the Truth, and not on my doubt or pain. He's working on my heart with these, its a good thing. I'm finding rest.

3 comments:

Rachel 28/3/08 9:26 AM  

So, I don't know if I have ever told you that I read this blog pretty regularly, but I do. And I just wanted you to know that I appreciate you a lot V... I appreciate your honesty, and I love reading your thoughts on here and seeing an even greater insight into your life than I do on a day-to-day basis. God is evident in your life, even in the doubts and the pain, and for that I am grateful.
--Rach

Anonymous,  4/4/08 12:27 PM  

FYI: The Wagners miss yall signicicanly!!!! -M

Anonymous,  4/4/08 12:33 PM  

of course i mis-typed SIGNIFICANTLY; maybe i am an idiot.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP