11.27.2007

Nutt resigns.

Just thought I'd post a link to the transcript of the press conference. I have to say, with all the ups and downs, I'm really sad about the end of the Nutt era at Arkansas. I'm not an editorialist by any means, and can't argue the points, pro or con, but I remember being a freshman and the Razorbacks being 8-0... I remember the excitement of that year. I remember being so proud to be a Razorback. Like Nutt said, "Once you’re a Razorback, you’re always a Razorback for life."

Read the transcript here.

3 comments:

Wendi Cupp 27/11/07 11:27 AM  

VA,
I remember our freshman year too...I distinctly remember writing 8-0 on our dry-erase board on the dorm room door, walking to the games from 707 Treadwell, eating Penguin Eds, Marketplace or pizza after games, storming the field after the Tennessee victory!...such memories!
hugs,
Wendi

khunton 28/11/07 10:01 PM  

Hi Wendi and Virginia...oh the freshman days...road trips to visit Stephen. Staying with you in your dorm. Walking around on campus...good memories with you both!
xoxo

Stephen Hunton 29/11/07 9:03 AM  

I also remember Sterner falling on the ball freshmen year...the vomit I almost projected after the loss to Tenn! Thanks for reminding me. ;)

Nutt was certainly a great motivator and took a struggling team and made them solid. He did a lot with little, so I can't argue against him except for the fact that I think that once you get a bad team and take them to good...it's not long before fans want the now good team to be great...

One thing is for sure...next year will be different. Whether good or bad, who knows...but with out McFadden we may all be in trouble.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP