4.08.2006

The Master's Travelogue: Day 2

Well it's exactly 11:00 EST and I'm in Augusta, GA, and oh yeah, it's raining. We arrived in Atlanta around 4 p.m. yesterday and was fortunate enough to get to see my good friends Stephen and Kristine Hunton. We hung out with them for about an hour and then headed to The Varsity and got chili dogs, which I am still regretting :-). We then drove to the hotel in Conyer', GA where we met Chris Allen who was using the first 2 days of our badge.

***

It's now 2:35 and we just got done eating lunch at Sconyers Barbeque, which has left me incredibly full. The tournament is currently delayed thanks to a slow-moving thunderstorm that's been eeking in all day, but we don't care, we're having a blast. The atmosphere around is ablsolutley amazing. It's southern class like I've never seen. It's like the Ole Miss Grove on game day times ten.

We've gone from having one badge that we all were going to share to now having two badges today, and we'll have at least three tomorrow. I told you my dad had the spirirtual gift of tickets. Elizabeth and I are about to head into the course to check things out.

1 comments:

John Nelson 8/4/06 11:22 PM  

Just so you know...I'm wicked jealous that you're there. You'll get to see Philly Mick pull out a -6 tomorrow and win his 2nd major!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP