9.02.2005

Right now we're only getting CBS News, which unfortunately has my least favorite local news. Blah. Anyway, the weather guy on local news said that the area affected by the hurricane is 90,000 square miles. He showed on the map the affected areas in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida. Then he switched the 90,000 square miles to show how much of our area that would be. You know, 90,000 square miles is the same as ALL of Arkansas and over HALF of Oklahoma. What complete and utter destruction. Help is on the way, but its just going to be around for a very, very long time.

It is very difficult for me to see all the coverage in the news. I'm really not going to say much else about it...I know pretty much everyone is devastated by what's going on. It just makes me see how really insignificant my little problems are when so many people are truly dealing with life and death.

Hmmm...what can I say to lighten the mood a little? Well, community group last night was good. I'm so thankful for the people God has brought into our lives here in Fayetteville. Although it seems like our direction in life right now is a little uncertain, God "does not change like shifting shadows..." That is reassuring to me right now.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP